cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to update the CF card from 64M to 254M?????????????

zhangjianping
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 6509, each one with 2 sup720-3b, and each sup720-3b has a 64M CF card in disk0.

Now I want to change these 4*64M CF card to 512M CF card. I have only very shortly time to do it, pls kindly give me a good procedure. I also need the detail commands. THanks

5 Replies 5

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Steven,

here it is the procedure for the compact flash replacement on sup720

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/hardware/Config_Notes/78_15537.html

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Don't forget to FORMAT your new CF before you put any files into it.

2. Don't even think about the USB. USB is NOT SUPPORTED on the Sup32/Sup720 cards.

Happy Easter!

Thanks.

But not enough.

You know, each 6509 has 2 sup720-3b and 2 CF card. I wanna know how to copy the date from the old flash to these 2 new card, shall I plug out one of the SUP720-3b and then plug out another one?

"You know, each 6509 has 2 sup720-3b and 2 CF card" < --- You mean 2 EXTERNAL SLOTS and 1 INTERNAL slot. Whether you put 2 CF into your Sup720 is something no one can tell.

"But not enough." < --- I have no idea what you mean by this and I don't even want to find out. :)

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"copy the DATE from the old flash to these 2 new card" < --- Hooooooo boy! I hope I completely misunderstood you.

If you want to copy the ENTIRE CONTENTS from your sup-bootdisk: to your sup-bootflash0: and/or sup-bootflash1:, then use the command "copy sup-bootdisk:* sup-bootflash0:".

If you want to copy all contents from external flash 1 to external flash 2, then use the command "copy sup-bootflash0:* sup-bootflash1:".

Does this help you?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card