Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation pattern and route pattern mess

I have the following issue: there is a translation pattern 6.XXXXXX in partition "Part1" and the route pattern 6.XXXXXXX in partition "Part2". My IP-phone has a CSS with only this 2 partitions with Part1 on the first place. After dialing 61234567 in DNA my route pattern is matched with no alternate matches("Route this pattern" result as I expected). But I get reject after dialing same number on the IP phone which is caused with translation pattern match.(I've made such decision after I excluded Part2 from my CSS). As far as I understand this two destinations should work withoout interaction. What am I doing wrong?

Probably I should do some digit manipulation?

PS: CCM ver 4.2(3)

9 Replies 9

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what translation pattern is this and in what partition?

with regards to the two identical 6.XXXXXX patterns, the 61234567 matches that in both partitions, so the pattern in the first partition routes the call.

please bear in mind that translation patterns will be carried out before call routing is decided upon

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Yeah, I know that. see my last reply.

steven.lass
Level 1
Level 1

UCM tries to route the call after every digit pressed. DNA only shows how a set of digits would be routed.

Ooops, read the question wrong the first time ...

The translation pattern will immediately execute when when 7th digit is entered.

translation patterns have the preference due to the route immediately option. as soon as you match a translation pattern it will be used

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your reply. Also I did the following thing: made 2nd translation pattern 6XXXXXXX that routes to my route pattern 6.XXXXXXX(Partition is the same as Route Pattern). But still shorter translation pattern is matched

hi there

can you please let us know what is the idea or the goal behind this config

we could help you to use another way

thank you

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

it should work if you had a DN somewhere in your dialplan (it works for me).

For example you have the following entries:

Translation pattern : 6.XXXXXX

Route Pattern : 6.XXXXXXX

DN on an IP Phone : 6XXXXXXXX

The new DN will force the CUCM to wait until it will be sure that this DN will not be called.

In CUCM 4.2, if there is a "Urgent Priority" checkbox on translation pattern config, uncheck it.

The main drawback is that you will have the T302 timeout to reach translation pattern and route pattern.

cheers

jp

Thanks everyone for replies. About "Urgent Priority" checkbox - it is checked but inactive

(its description says: Cisco Unified CallManager sets all translation patterns with urgent

priority, and you cannot change the priority of the translation patterns.)

Answering the question what for do I have such numbering plan.

I have Remote Branch offices with same DNs but in different partitions and near-HQ-office branches (they have H323 gateways there).

Remote Branch office has its 2-digit code, and 4-digit DN. Prefix for dialing is 6. So dialing

6123456 will cut 6, then I have Translation Pattern starting with each Brach Office code(here it will be 12.XXXX) which

will cut 12 and dial 3456 in Remote Branch office #12.

Near-HQ-office branches also have dial prefix 612(do ask why) ) followed by branches' code and finally 2-digit DN.

For each near-HQ-office branches I have route pattern (like 61234XXX 61235XXX) So dialing

61234567 Should match with route pattern not with translation pattern.

I did the digit manipulation in translation pattern 6.XXXXXX and chanched it to 6.X[^2]XXXX this helped but I have

Remote Branch office that have in their code second digit "2".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: