cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Upgrade 4.0.5 to 7.0.1 - CAD Auto Upgrade?

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

We're working on upgrading our IPCCx 4.0.5 install to CCX 7.0.1. I've tested to see if the clients will auto upgrade but they don't. Is it possible, or will it require a full un-install and re-install? When I start the old agent software it says the License and Resource Manager is down. I looked at the SpanLink settings in the registry and it is pointing towards the correct cluster. I noticed in the new version, we weren't prompted to enter a cluster name. I'm guessing the reson I'm getting the error is that the LDAP LCC information is different.

In CCX 7.0.1 is it possible to change the name from Call Center 1 to something else? Or am I going after something that isn't possible?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

In a command window, navigate to the folder in which the program

UpdateSnifferNIC.exe resides.

2. Type the command UpdateSnifferNIC and press Enter.

Alternatively, open Windows Explorer and double-click

UpdateSnifferNIC.exe.

The utility starts, and asks if you wish to update a CAD installation or a

VoIP Moitor server installation.

3. Type C for a CAD installation or V for a VoIP Monitor server installation,

and then press Enter.

The utility displays a list of available network adapters for packet sniffing.

4. Type the number of the network adapter you wish to use, and press Enter.

NOTE: This is generally the first adapter listed. The utility puts the name of this adapter in the correct place in the system registry, and then closes. If you wish to end the utility before choosing an adapter, type Ctrl-C.

Thanks for the response!

I did some looking and was able to trick the application into trying to upgrade and got an official message that it could not auto-upgrade. The software had to be uninstalled then the new software installed.

Here are the commands I put in a bat file to automate the upgrade process:

REM Agent Install

REM Uninstalling Cisco Agent

RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{3F2EEAA1-1F49-11D4-8770-00105AA752A8}\Setup.exe" -l0x9 C:\Program Files\Cisco\Common\CADDSKIMgr.cfg,Desktop Agent,remove

REM Uninstalling Cisco Base

RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{4D4F4F05-024F-47E6-8970-5A876561C46E}\Setup.exe" -l0x9 C:\Program Files\Cisco\Common\CADDSKIMgr.cfg,Desktop Base,remove

REM Removing Cisco Base Registry Key

reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{536A8CD0-F07E-11D4-849F-0001031A6A35} /f

REM Installing Cisco Agent

msiexec.exe /i "\\location of file\Cisco Agent Desktop.msi" /qn

Please rate if this helps.