cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speech Connect issue

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I have recently installed Speech Connect. And it seems to be working fairly well for internal use. However I have a couple of strange issues. The main issue right now is If you call the internal extension and say the name of the person you are trying to reach it works great. However we setup unity to send outside callers to Speech connect if they were looking up a person by name. When an outside caller gets to speech connect and says the name of the person they are trying to reach there is a huge delay in recognizing the name, however it does recognize it without any issues.

Thanks for any input

Ken

4 Replies 4

Ken,

Having the exact same issue here, have you been able to reduce the delay for outside callers?

thanks,

Sebastien

Hi guys, sorry for this one bue I'm really interested in the Speech connect solution, I know that i need to run the appliance in a separate hardware. The HW could be the same as my Unity MCS-7825-H4-ECS1. Please correct me.

Another question, does any one know if a Spanish langpack will be available for Speech Connect?

Thanks a lot guys, hope you can fiz your issue.

All the best

David

MCS 7825, 7835 or 7845 are all supported.

see this for details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/speech_connect/cuscreadme.html

I don't think there is a Spanish language pack at this time, only US and GB english.

Just wanted to add that I resolved the delay issue. The voip dial-peer had vad enabled in the PSTN gateway. After disabling vad, Speech Connect was able to recognize spoken names without delay.