cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Verison AP1231 \ Intel Client 12.0.4.0

ckowalchyk
Level 1
Level 1

How do I know that the Client I am using is compatible with the AP? The Intel Client is using CCX V4. We also have other clients that are at CCX V3. I am seeing some issues with Authentication using Leap wtih the Newest Intel Client.

At times the Client cannot authenticate even though there is signal. If I move to another AP I get authenticated.

6 Replies 6

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

If you want to troubleshoot without CCX, you can perform the following config via CLI:

config t

interface Dot11Radio0

no dot11 extension aironet

CCX is backward-compatible, so you should have no problem running v3 and v4 clients at the same time. What version of code are you running on the AP? Maybe it's an old code that cannot support v4 clients. You could try upgrading your AP to the newest version of code and see if that helps.

The code version is c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEC. Where can you find what code version support what CCX Level? Is there a way to get this info off the AP?

Thanks

I'm not sure... I can't seem to find a CCX compatibility matrix anywhere. Can anyone else?

Here's a list of CCX versions, but I'm not sure you need it: http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/pr46/pr147/partners_pgm_partners_0900aecd800a7907.html

I'm sure that 12.3(8) supports CCXv4. Run a "show version" and see how old the software is.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try the command "sh dot11 associate all-client" and you should see the CCX version. For specific client the command is "sh dot11 associate ".

All Autonomous IOS (aIOS) and CAPWAP/LWAP IOS support CCX.

Cisco Compatible Extensions Program Q&A

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/pr46/pr147/partners_pgm_qandas09186a0080154625.html

Can you verify that I understand the nature of the problem:

- CCX 4 client sometimes is not able to associate to a given AP (but can associate some times)

- CCX 3 clients are always able to associate to the given AP

- CC4 client will associate to another AP when not able to associate to the first AP

If the above is true:

If the CCX 4 client can associate with the given AP at least some times, then you don't have a CCX issue. You could always test this temporarily by disabling CCX support (on the AP, or on the client). If you are using the PROSet client, this is easy to do within the wireless profile.

Since the CCX 4 can associate to another AP, then what is different between the APs? Code level? Settings?

What does the given AP show for the client status when the CCX 4 client is unable to associate?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

I get what you mean.

This made we review the post and "At times the Client cannot authenticate even though there is signal" is odd.

When this happens and before you moved to another AP, how many clients are associated to this AP? >12 or more than >25?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: