Views
Helpful
Replies

"CiscoWorks Daemon Manager" not running

mohd_ghalib
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We had to restart the server in which we have installed Ciscoworks LMS. After that "CiscoWorks Daemon Manager" service is not getting started. Tried to stop all the ciscoworks related services and restart it, also tried restarting the server machine, but no luck. Could any one give me the solution to fix this problem. The error message is attached below.

I am using Ciscoworks LMS Version 3.0

E:\>net start crmdmgtd

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service is starting.

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service could not be started.

The service did not report an error.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.

E:\>

E:\>pdshow

ERROR: connect to dmgtd process on "127.0.0.1" on port 42340 failed:

Error Line found in License.log file

----------------------------------------

[ Thu Apr 09 13:10:46 IST 2009 ] [VBJ ThreadPool Worker id=25 se=iiop_tp scm=iiop_tp] ERROR com.cisco.nm.license.client.LicenseManager - Error in response: Unknown license handler: AALL

Please do let know if I need to provide any further info.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, do not recreate the casuser account. That would only break things further. Instead, try running NMSROOT\setup\support\resetCasuser.exe to reset the casuser password and permissions.

As for the restore problem, this has now caused more issues with LMS. Post the restorebackup.log.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What error messages are you getting in the Windows Event Viewer? Post the NMSROOT\log\syslog.log.

Below is the last two lines from NMSROOT\log\syslog.log. These lines are repeated many times in the log file.

Apr 09 15:35:20 127.0.0.1 100: <28> dmgt[4916]: 2507(W):Daemon manager anonymous user has not been set up: 00000532

Apr 09 15:38:01 127.0.0.1 100: <28> dmgt[5672]: 2507(W):Daemon manager anonymous user has not been set up: 00000532

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the only Error messages I can see in Windows Event Viewer for todays date.

Error 1.

Source: PerfNet

Unable to read performance data from the Server service. No Server performance data will be returned in this sample. The error code returned is in first DWORD in the Data section. The IOSB.Status is in the second DWORD and the IOSB.Information is the third DWORD.

-----------

Error 2.

Source: Apache Service

The Apache service named e:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\Apache.exe reported the following error:

>>> [Thu Apr 09 15:35:13 2009] [warn] pid file e:/program files/cscopx/mdc/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run? <<<

before the error.log file could be opened.

More information may be available in the error.log file. .

----------

The file cscopx/mdc/apache/logs/httpd.pid contains only the value "1436"

This is a problem with the casuser account. Does this account still exist as a local account on the server?

Yes, the causer account is still there. Shall I try recreating it? I cannot see the profile directory of causer account, I guess there was no login to the server using causer account. Have tried to restore the LMS dB to the most recent backup. But it failed and returned the error

"ERROR: doRestore of [Common Services] had some errors.

Check the log file for details

Restore failed. Previous system data may be lost due to failed restore. To avoid

this, perform a successful restore."

No, do not recreate the casuser account. That would only break things further. Instead, try running NMSROOT\setup\support\resetCasuser.exe to reset the casuser password and permissions.

As for the restore problem, this has now caused more issues with LMS. Post the restorebackup.log.

Once again I thank you clarke..your solution was perfect, it started working.

E:\>net stop crmdmgtd

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service is not started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521.

E:\>net start crmdmgtd

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service is starting.

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service was started successfully.

E:\>

Thankx a lot!!!!

Thanks Joe Marcus Clarke for all the help given in this netpro forume. I was getting the same issue in which Daemon manager service is not started. I have reset casuser as per this case ref. and after that daemon manager service restarted. But While doing resetcasuser I have stop all the serveices. But in Windows services all serveices are started but while on common services > server > admin > process --- some of the services are waiting to initlalize or Program started — No mgt msgs received on some of the process. But unable loginto ciscoworks gui. So after that reset the gui password. Now when I access dfm or rme is giving me a message as earlier dipicted in second image of this case. Please help how to understand the problem and to resolve this issue. Also attach screen shot for your ref. Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Start a new thread for your issue.

Thank you joesph... I had the same issue and it work with your solution... !!

Keep passing the light of knowledege.. it really helps..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: