Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 - evaluation licensing under Solaris

richard.tetu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello , Dears all,

I would like to know if this file

/export/home/CSCOpx/etc/licenses/VMS/current.lic is the file who contains the actual license displayed under the LMS portal /Functionnal server settings .

If yes , it seems ok for me but , the module for RME, CM , DFM and IPM are not displayed, explaining that the modules are not valid while the LMS portal is.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The eval license is installed into /opt/CSCOpx/etc/licenses. It will not be in the VMS subdirectory. The raw license can be found in the eval subdirectory within the eval download. It is automatically installed when you select to use an eval license.

Common Services and Portal are not licensed. You can install as many instances of them as required. Every other application within LMS is.

After , logged under root user, i can't see any license installed in this directory opt/CSCOpx/etc/licenses, i have added attachement and the directory VMS contains the current.lic that i have mentionned. I did a find and you can see the results done from the root.

Once , the file vms-90day-unlimited-eval.lic copied , the lms portal was registered like an eval :

Evaluation license expires on Wed Jul 08 18:18:50 CEST 2009

Thanks by advance.

The eval licenses are in /export/home/LMS301/install/eval. Login to LMS, then go to Common Services > Server > Admin > Licensing, and point to the *.lic files in that directory, and you should have all of the applications registered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: