cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is there any way I can ping Ip+port

cisco steps
Level 1
Level 1

I need to know if port on the remote side is passing traffic. can I ping like say

x.x.x.x + (port #) and get a reply

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I agree, my friend. :-) I hope your Cisco learning is going well.

Anyway, I do hope I have helped you.

And thanks for the ratings...

Victor

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean by port? If you mean interface, ping the address given to it.

I have a vpn. I can ping the address , but also there is a port configured on the other side .. let say 10.1.1.1 port 8250 .. the question that was asked is to verify if there connectivity to the following

10.1.1.1 port 8250 ..

yes I can ping 10.1.1.1 it does not mean that aslo 8250 port is enabled and will pass traffic . pls correct me if I am wrong

Thanks

FYI---port in this example could be ftp port. http port. any port . port mapping !!! ip to port ...

If its a TCP-based application port, then you can try telneting to it from your desktop:

telnet 10.1.1.1 8250

HTH

Victor

Yes, that is tcp port 8302..I can ping the ip but I can not telnet to port 8302 ....

% Connection timed out; remote host not responding

Thanks Victor

What do you mean "a port configured" ?

You are not clear in your explanation.

Please try to use standard terms and illustrate how things are connected together.

Senor Bevilacqua:

Cojelo con calma, senor.

El hombre no habla Ingles muy bien.

Me reprendiste ayer por no hacer nada. Y hoy estas rompiendole la nalga a ese hombre pobrecito...

Lamav, que le pasa para hablar de esta manera ?

Este es un forum profesional y si uno no sabe explicarse, mejor aprenda hacerlo primero.

En todo caso si Uds entiende lo que alguien quiere decir, es bienvenido en contestar.

now for Bevilaqua..

the reason why he is talking to you like that is because you jumped and start asking , while lamav was able to figure out my question, seeing you speaking EN and spanich , I will assume that you will pick up quick , but that is not the case.

anyway issue , resolved , I was able to telnet to the port and all good now

Thanks for your input

I totaly agree w/ you Lamav, Bevilacqua needs to be calm , I am glad not setting close to him, other wise he may trow someting @ me. Lamav english is not my first language, but I am here to learn CISCO , not ESL ..LOL. I understand that this is a professional Forum , but when I signed in, it did not say you need to speak english only

I agree, my friend. :-) I hope your Cisco learning is going well.

Anyway, I do hope I have helped you.

And thanks for the ratings...

Victor

ocpobust, you are showing a deplorable attitude here.

I've not attacked anybody and only asked you to explain your problem in better terms. You are wrong in thinking that good english is not needed for a networking professional, but most likely you will realize that at some point.

Then (I suppose) you also low-rated a post of mine that was not even directed at you.

Tsk-tsk.

my friend bevilacqua, there is a way to ask someone to explain w/ out put in them down just because they don't explain things to you the way you want to hear them or they don't speak english the way you want them. sorry Buddy !!! just my opinion nothing personal..

Again, my words:

You are not clear in your explanation.

Please try to use standard terms and illustrate how things are connected together.

Do these words "put one down" ???

Or rather you liked to be "put down" to complain about ?

It ends here, but think ...

just my opinion nothing personal !!!! lol :-).here you go U getting angry again calm down.and I was not the only one that saw it, go back and read the spanish txt. see if someone else told you to calm down..

I guess now we can ended here. and Pls Think b4 you....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card