Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 with RSA?

Hi users,

I would like to know if it is possible to use RSA token solution to CiscoWorks LMS authenticate in monitored network devices. I mean, instead of using a fixed user/pass as usually, I would like to use a user with a pass which changes every minute, associate with a RSA client.

Does anyone know if it is possible a solution like this?

PS: I am not talking about the user/pass to log in CiscoWorks, but about user/pass/enable pass which CiscoWorks uses to log in the devices.

Thank you.

Regards,

Flaviano Leoncini.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no direct integration between RSA and LMS. You will have to provide the current RSA token at the time the job runs in order to make use of the rotating tokens.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this is possible using the job-based password feature. For every config change job you schedule, you will have to specify the job-based (i.e. RSA) credentials. Since RSA tokens change every minute, you will not be able to schedule jobs to run in the future, or run single jobs against large numbers of devices, though.

The job password option is available when scheduling the job.

Hi Clarke,

Thanks for your answer. I didn't understand very well this feature. What you mean is that when using RSA I need to provide the credentials (user/pass) in real time, that is, I need to create a job and provide manually the pass that is valid for that current minut?

What I was looking for was a integration between CW and a RSA client, for instance. With this I could configure CW to always use RSA password, even for devices' configuration collection. So, do you think that this is possible?

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Flaviano Leoncini.

There is no direct integration between RSA and LMS. You will have to provide the current RSA token at the time the job runs in order to make use of the rotating tokens.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: