Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFA External denied because calling party ID not in carrier range

Internal DN set to CFA to user's Cell phone.

External caller hits that line, CFA passes on calling party CID.

Our carrier has a rule that denies calls coming from us unless they're in our DID block.

Old carrier, no problem, this carrier is SIP (though it's a PRI circuit to us, it's SIP carrier to carrier)

Same thing will happen if I setup a Caller ID Mask for any of my DNs -- the Carrier will deny the call because these digits are not in the range of DID's we have. Cause Code is 57 - Bearer capability not authorized)

Question is this -- I've read through RFC 3261 (SIP) and I can't find that this requirement exists -- to where we cannot 'spoof' our Calling Party ID, or forward on the original Calling Party ID off-net.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In Gateway settings, "Calling Party Selection", redirecting.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think that an RFC or any other standard has little relevance in the matter.

Your SP has decided that nobody can potentially place calls pretending to be someone else, and in doing that they obey to very reasonable security practices.

By the way, that is the standard all over the world, except as you noted, few carriers in the US.

Understood, and I agree, that's the nice way to play.

So, I'm trying to see how to setup the calling party's transform mask only on those CFA Off-net calls. How do I translate that CID to be an internal DN (likely, use the called party's DID)

One option would be to create a seperate partition and calling search space for CFwdAll and copy the PSTN route patterns into that partition. They you can specify to use the Calling Party Transform Mask.

In Gateway settings, "Calling Party Selection", redirecting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: