Problems with managed interface state under DFM 3.1.3

Unanswered Question
Apr 9th, 2009
User Badges:

I had changed an interface state to false, but after several hours it has

been changed back to true. I have find out the issue under DFM 3.1.2 and I have upgrade to 3.1.3, but patch is not fixing the problem.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 04/09/2009 - 22:07
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

When you changed the state, did you apply the changed to the DFM server (i.e. DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Apply Changes)? Did you reboot the server after doing this? Did a DFM rediscovery run for this device during this time?

anton_zyablov Thu, 04/09/2009 - 23:00
User Badges:

Yes, of course I have applied changes. No I have not reboot server after this. No, rediscovery was not run after updating interface state.

Jeff Garner Fri, 04/10/2009 - 07:40
User Badges:

I am also running into this, does any one know of a fix?

Joe Clarke Fri, 04/10/2009 - 08:53
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

About how long do you have to wait before the interface status reverts back to true? What interface types did you unmanage? I am trying to recreate this problem locally.

Jeff Garner Fri, 04/10/2009 - 08:59
User Badges:

My LMS was a clean install, and I also upgraded it to the newest updates.

I have tried this is Ethernet Interfaces, Tunnels, a NAM external interface.

Im going to try and time the issue, I have wiped out my databases and I am rediscovering...

Joe Clarke Fri, 04/10/2009 - 14:28
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

I cannot reproduce. I unmanaged two interfaces (an ATM interface and a Dialer interface) on a 3745 using the Detailed Device View. I applied my changes. After about six hours, both interfaces are still unmanaged.

anton_zyablov Sun, 04/12/2009 - 05:43
User Badges:

I have this issue with Serial, Ethernet and Virtual interfaces. I have this interfaces in managed state on the next day.

Joe Clarke Sun, 04/12/2009 - 10:49
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

I still cannot reproduce even after two days. If you notice this on the next day, that implies that a rediscovery does run (since rediscoveries run at 0200 every day by default). Try forcing a rediscovery of the device after setting the interfaces to their desired states. Go to DFM > Device Management > Rediscover/Delete to do the rediscovery.

Joe Clarke Sun, 04/12/2009 - 11:45
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

I was able to reproduce after running a rediscovery on the device in question. I found the problem, and created a patch against DFM 3.1.3. If you contact the TAC, and have your engineer contact me directly, I can provide the patch.

anton_zyablov Sun, 04/12/2009 - 21:31
User Badges:

Yes, today I have discovered same behaviour. I have asked the case engineer Christine Oh to contact you.

Actions

This Discussion