Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy VPN Server does not use external DHCP server

CSCO10383207
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I configured my router with the easy vpn server template, everything works fine except the fact that the router does not use the external DHCP server in the configuration group, it always assigns an IP from one address-pool I have configured in the router.

The configuration groups is as follows:

crypto isakmp client configuration group people

key XXXXXXX

dns 172.16.40.10

acl 199

include-local-lan

split-dns xxxx.com

dhcp server 172.16.40.10

dhcp giaddr 172.16.41.109

Does the IOS actually supports this feature? Also another doubt, the ip in giaddr, do I have to actually have this ip in an interface in my router (I tried putting a loopback int with 172.16.41.109/32 but didnt help)?

The version is:

Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T8, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

Thx,

Marcio

2 Replies 2

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

According to Cisco docs, this feature should be available from 12.4(9)T so it should work, perhaps you need to set a debug ip dhcp for the client feature on the router to see if it actually goes to the server.

I had already did it, enabled all DHCP debugging, but no dhcp msg is shown.

Actually I did all sorts of debugs but didnt get anything usefull, what would be the exact debug to get any msg of the router when assining the ip address?

Also, in the DHCP server logs I cannot see anything, its like the router does not even try to get the ip from it.