cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC-2MFT-T1 Voice and Data?

kardos420
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2821 with a VWIC-2MFT-T1 running a PRI. I would like to plug a T1 into the second port on this card am curious if this is possible. I've read and heard that with the single clock on these older cards, there could be issues... Can you confirm or deny...have you done this successfully?

7 Replies 7

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can use the second port for data.

Per its documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/product_data_sheet0900aecd8028d2db.html

• Mixed data and packet voice---The Cisco MFT VWIC2 interface cards can simultaneously support both data and voice, reducing the complexity and number of network components and facilitating a graceful migration to bandwidth-efficient packet voice.

__

Edison.

This much I know...That is the VWIC2. This card is a VWIC. The next generation fixed the clocking issue.

You may or may not have issue, this depends if the second circuit is off the same master clock. In theory, all circuits in a same country or provider should be, then practice may be different.

Great info to know. The next question is will that work in a UC520? I have a UC520 that has a PRI now and they want to terminate another T1 in it. I cannot find anywhere that says that platform will support a 2MFT-T1. Any ideas on that?

No it won't support that card. Supported cards are only the ones listed in table 6 of the datasheet.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/product_data_sheet0900aecd8061fb06.html

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. Exactly what I needed to know, but not what I wanted to hear...

Cisco wants you to use a true WAN router in front of what really is only a PBX.

Or convert to a 28xx and do everything with one box.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card