Cisco Works LMS 3.1 DCR problems

Unanswered Question
Joe Clarke Fri, 04/10/2009 - 08:18

First, changing the default credentials does not affect any devices which are already in DCR. Default credentials are only applied when a device is first added to DCR.

How are you changing the credentials of devices already managed by DCR? What errors do you get?

I have created a Verify Credentials report and I am clicking on the device name it brings me into Device Center I click on edit credentials and change the SNMP read and write strings and hit finish. But it does not seem to update the credentials in DCR. And if I try and update a few devices in DCR I get the following error

please note that you may not be authorized to perform this operation on some of the selected devices.

Joe Clarke Fri, 04/10/2009 - 08:36

That error is typical when you are integrated with ACS. It's more of a warning. Of course, you do need to make sure ACS integration is setup properly so that each device you want to manage in LMS is a client of the ACS server.

When you update the credentials of devices under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, does it work despite the warning?

This Discussion