cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works LMS 3.1 DCR problems

tagee
Level 1
Level 1

When I try and update some device credentials they do not change. I do not have the ability to update some of the devices. I also have problem trying to update the default Credentials. I make the update but nothing changes.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, changing the default credentials does not affect any devices which are already in DCR. Default credentials are only applied when a device is first added to DCR.

How are you changing the credentials of devices already managed by DCR? What errors do you get?

I have created a Verify Credentials report and I am clicking on the device name it brings me into Device Center I click on edit credentials and change the SNMP read and write strings and hit finish. But it does not seem to update the credentials in DCR. And if I try and update a few devices in DCR I get the following error

please note that you may not be authorized to perform this operation on some of the selected devices.

That error is typical when you are integrated with ACS. It's more of a warning. Of course, you do need to make sure ACS integration is setup properly so that each device you want to manage in LMS is a client of the ACS server.

When you update the credentials of devices under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, does it work despite the warning?

No I never see the snmp strings get update in DCR. If I go out of the screen and go back it show the same information. And the reason I can say that is the strings are different length. So I see the original length still there. And when I run a new report the device still show wrong credentials on the report.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: