Replies

remove a digit 0 after 9 to dial out

padraic.murphy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that has a UC500 8 user

They dial 9 to get an outside line

They then need to dial 0 to active special call pricing from the local telco

what is the code to remove the need to dial 90 to dial out so that they only need to dial the number

7 Replies 7

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You would configure this using translation rules.  Try the following configurations substituing my pots dial-peer with the outgoing pots dial-peers configured on your system:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /\(^.......$\)/ /90\1/
rule 2 /\(^..........$\)/ /901\1/
rule 3 /\(^.*\)/ /90011\1/

voice translation-profile profile1
translate called 1

dial-peer voice 54 pots
corlist outgoing call-local
description **CCA*North American*7-Digit Local**
translation-profile outgoing profile1
preference 4
destination-pattern [2-9]......
forward-digits all
no sip-register

Repeat this for all your outgoing POTS dialpeers changing the translation profile that is applied on each and being sure to remove the initial 9 found in each destination-pattern.

Thanks,

Skyler

Does your telco require a pause after dialing the 0 to type in the rest of the digits?

Also, does your telco want to see a 9 when it is dialed?

Hello

There is no need to send the 9 to the telco and there is not a requirement for a pause

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In that case, you would remove the leading 9's from the translation rules I gave you.  Another question comes to mind, where are you located?  The translation rules I gave are appropriate for a North America dial plan, but will need to be changed for dial plans elsewhere.

hello

I live in Ireland and we are using Bri's for the telco connection

If you don't want to dial a 9, you could try changing your dial peers not to require a 9 in the dial string.  You could also use a prefix command under the dial peer to prefix the 0.  When you make changes like this, you system won't be CCA compliant anymore.  It is very possible for it to work this way, you just have to plan more.

You dialpeer would look something like this.

dial-peer voice 3333 pots

destination-pattern .......

prefix 0

port 0/1/0

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: