H323 gateways failover

Unanswered Question
Apr 10th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi,

We have a setup with two Cisco routers connected to two E1 R2 circuits (one per each one). Gateway is H323 controlled.

Call Manager is 4.1(3).

I have a Route Group for each one of the E1s and those Route Groups are in a Route List, which in turn is reference in Route Patterns.

The problem is that Route Groups are ordered in the Route List and if the E1 that is in the top spot goes down, Call Manager does NOT move to the next one. I assume this is because with H323, Call Manager cannot really detect that E1 on the gateway went down.

The workaround is to go to Route List config and move the failed E1 (Route Group) to a lower spot. It is manual intervention and I was thinking if anyone knows about the way to do it automatically, so Call Manager can somehow detect the failure by itself.

Thanks!

David

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Ayodeji Okanlawon Fri, 04/10/2009 - 22:25
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

David,

By default, this does not happen because from callmanager point of view the gateway is reachable. The only tme CCM will select the second gateway is if CCM cant reach the gateway via ip connectivity.

To resolve this you need to do the following:

1. Go to service parameters>>CCM>>route pattern (cluster wide config) and change the following:

Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag FALSE

Stop Routing on User Busy Flag FALSE

By default these values ar set to true.

This will to it for you!

Actions

This Discussion