Views
Helpful
Replies

ME-3400 switch

steve-ostrander
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our company has ME-3400-24-TS installed in a Local C.O. There are multiple Telco devices that are phyically connected on individual LAN ports. From my desk which is not physically connected to the ME-3400 in the C.O, I can ping the Device in question. I am on the "Corp" Network, but in another state. Why is it you can ping the device remotely, but not from a local P.C on the same subnet. I know by switching the port-type to nni it works, but I am only limited to (4) nni port-types. Is there another config. I can implement so the Local C.O techs can ping/telnet to their Telco devices directly ?? Thanks

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

By default, ping is supported on network node interfaces (NNIs), but you cannot ping from a user network interface (UNI) because the control-plane security feature drops ICMP response packets received on UNIs. Use the port-type interface configuration command to change the port type on a Cisco ME switch from a network node interface (NNI) to a user network interface (UNI) or the reverse.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card