Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIE WIRELESS

thags
Level 1
Level 1

HI Guys

I know the cert is very new , but i would like to know who has written the exam as yet since i will be writing next week.

Just would like to know your feedback on the exam.

45 Replies 45

gamccall
Level 4
Level 4

Can't get into any details, of course. Difficulty level is about what it ought to be; it's passable if you know the material, but you're not going to breeze through it if you don't have a fair amount of hands-on and/or serious study time. Check the blueprint and make sure you know everything on that list.

Exactly. I felt it was about what it should be. I have worked on LWAPP and Cisco wireless since the Airespace days and several of the questions required careful thought. If you have several years hands on experience you should have no problem. The lab on the other hand is going to be a bear I think.

lashkery
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have any updates on Wireless CCIE written? Have you attempted, please let me know as I am interested also.

I passed the written

The Cisco Press CCNA book helped

also

The CWNA Sybex book was good

There are questions on autonomous APs I know nothing about - look up SWAN

Not many RF calculations

Download Cisco Spectrum expert and study the demo captures.

I believe the CWNA CWSP and CWNE tracks are harder. I have not passed these but they cover a lot more RF theory.

Mark

thags
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

Just to let you know i was successful in passing the Drake ,the exam is very challenging , learn your design and deployment design guides in and out.

Has anyone tried the lab yet?

I'm doing mine in San Jose on Thursday.

thags, did you pass the written or the lab?

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks!

That right mate i paased the written ,i wish you all the luck and please give us feedback on the Lab

i am from SA although i work closely with Cisco SA its a machine to get the lab kit to practice on,so keep all the boys informed

Cheers mate and Good Luck

Thanks and I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not hoping to pass on the first attempt. I've been studying the following:

- autonomous AP (hands-on + config guide + command reference guide + technotes)

- wlc (hands-on + config guide + technotes)

- wcs (hands-on + config guide)

- location appliance (no hardware)

- netpro

- ACDU + CSSC + Spectrum Expert (hands-on)

- ACS + IAS + AD + CA (hands-on)

All cool

If you need any help with any configs or testing mail me at thags.govender@choicetech.co.za

It will be great to get study Groups going

c.jolliffe
Level 1
Level 1

I'm doing the lab in SJ tomorrow 5/12. I have done as much hands on as I can do so I'm just reading the config/deployment guides over today. My expectations are not that high right now just because the blueprints are so broad. If it doesn't go well at least I will have a better idea on what I need to focus on. I just hope I don't get a ZERO ;) I haven't heard of anyone else that has tried the lab....

That's because none of us wanted to be the first christian thrown to the lions. They are pretty hungry ya know!! Good luck man and keep us up to date.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: