CCIE Security Lab guides

Unanswered Question
Apr 10th, 2009

Hi All,

I am looking at setting up a CCIE Security lab to train for the CCIE lab. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the lab guides out there and the different companies that put them out.

I am interested in Track 3, so the labs would have to include those. I checked into IPExpert and Internetwork Expert companies. IE is cheaper but I actually talked a developer of IPExpert lab exams and it sounds good as well.

Anyone have experience with any of these companies, good, bad or indifferent? Or any other companies that may offer lab guides. Please note this is all out of pocket for me and I work in education so cost is a major factor. I can't be taking a 10K bootcamp and such:)

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tperrier Mon, 04/13/2009 - 23:58

I used Internetwork Expert for my R&S preparation, and it was quite good. There were many errors, mind you (many leftovers from previous versions of the workbook), but sometimes they were helpful as they forced me to THINK; also their forums are a good resource to help clear up errors. But I can't compare with IP Expert or others since this was my only resource.

And don't worry, a bootcamp is absolutely not necessary in order to beat the CCIE lab. Actually, for the same cost you can usually go to the lab 2 or 3 times if needed, and since a bootcamp is not a guarantee to pass at first try... IMHO they're not worth the cost.

srue Wed, 04/15/2009 - 06:16

IE is currently updating their security workbook to the new lab version. I've been studying with it and I like it.

My best advice is to download the samples from the wkbk vendors' websites and see which style betters suits your learning methods.

blittrell Wed, 04/15/2009 - 07:33

Hey All,

Thanks for the advice, I will see what I can find and which may suit me best.

Thanks again, and any more comments are welcome:)

Actions

This Discussion