Call Manager Express Hunt Group roll over doesn't work correctly

Unanswered Question
Apr 11th, 2009

Hello,I have a wierd issue occuring on the CME portion of a client's UC520. Currently, I have a hunt group set up that has 1 user and then the auto attendant. Basically, I want to give a user a chance to answer the main line, and if she doesn't, it then roll's to the main auto attendant. This is working as long as I keep the time out on the hunt group under 12 seconds. The issue is that is about 2.5 rings. She'd like a little more time to be able to pick it up. When I put the time out above 12 seconds (say 16) and dial from an external number, it rings her phone correctly, then you can hear it attempt to transfer, but it transfers it back to her phone instead of rolling over to the auto attendant. You can even see on her phone that the transfer occurs and it transfers to herself. For an instance, it shows 2 calls with the same caller ID. Change the time out back under to 12 or under, and everything works great. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
joneschw1 Sat, 04/11/2009 - 04:31

Sorry about that. Here is the IOS.

Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(24)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

And here is some relevant code.

ephone-hunt 1 sequential

pilot 501

list 201

final 401

timeout 11

no-reg pilot

statistics collect

destination-pattern 401

b2bua

voice-class sip outbound-proxy ipv4:10.1.10.1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.10.1

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Paolo Bevilacqua Sat, 04/11/2009 - 10:09

Since you've only one DN in the hunt-group, can you try sending the call directly to the DN only ?

joneschw1 Sat, 04/11/2009 - 12:01

Well, I don't think I want to do that b/c the purpose is to allow the paralegal to attempt to answer it if she is available. If she doesn't, then it rolls to the auto attendant where the caller can then navigate the menu tree to reach their party.

Paolo Bevilacqua Sat, 04/11/2009 - 12:10

It's a very common configuration, under ephone-dn:

call-forward noan XX timeout YY

where XX is AA number. You can also create a custom AA if you want.

joneschw1 Sun, 04/12/2009 - 07:20

But if I did that, then the person would not have personal voice mail correct?

I guess I could set up a 2nd line.

Paolo Bevilacqua Sun, 04/12/2009 - 09:29

I see.

Yes, a 2nd line is probably the best idea. She will also to selectively set CFA for it if she wants.

Actions

This Discussion