Views
Helpful
Replies

Max no. of powered device for ws-x4248-rj45v line card

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I would like to know what is the max number of powered device that can be supported by the line card model WS-X4248-RJ45v?

Thanks & Regards

Yi Shyuan

5 Replies 5

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The number is not determined by the linecard its determined by the total number of powered devices in the switch itself and what power supplies you have installed in the switch. If the power supplied is adequate by power supplies then it will support all 48 ports .

Hi Glen,

Thanks for the reply. I have two power supplies (PSU 1 and 2) are both 4200WAC. Based on the info for the line card at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps4324/product_data_sheet0900aecd801792b1_ps9590_Products_Data_Sheet.html, table 9, either 241 or 384 powered devices can be supported depending on the voltage drawn.

So based on your reply, the line card should be able to support 48 powered devices. Am I right to say that?

Thanks & Regards,

Yi Shyuan

That is correct , that is the largest PS available for the 4500 series . You can check on how much power is being drawn with the show power inline commands . It will show how much is available and how much is currently being used.

Hi Glen,

Thanks for the reply!

Regards

YS

Hi YS,

In addition to excellent info provided by Glen, you can also have a look at Cisco Power Calculator -

http://tools.cisco.com/cpc/launch.jsp

You need to have a valid CCO ID to access this tool.

COnfigure the chassis, Sup engine and all teh line cards. After this configure the number of PoE devices you are going to have. Once all the information is feeded the Calculator will provide you the information on teh minimum power supply required adn the power utilization with various power supplies in redundant adn combined mode.

-> Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: