Mystry Resolved - Cisco Phone Keypad Lock/Unlock

Unanswered Question
Apr 12th, 2009

Hello,

Long ago, I was looking for a solution to lock/unlock cisco ip phones keypads, without using EM, but couldn't find one free of cost, and tried to develop own and finally have resolved the mystry.

Please drop me an email if somebody needs the source codes, you can develop solution to lock/unlock cisco IP phones keypad by integration of applications developed using TAPI, C++, .NET, C#, Java, JSP and Cisco IP Phone XML services.

You will need different tools including Micrsoft Visual Studio, NetBeans IDE, VC++6.0, and sun web server for JSP pages which will push the xml to ip phones.

This would for as many number of ip phones as you wish and will work on all Cisco call and unified communication managers versions (i.e. 4.X, 5.X, 6.x).

Please let me know if anybody needs source codes for reference, but it should be used as sample application for a reference only and should not be assumed finalised product.

Thanks & Regards,

M. Mudassir Saeed

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
CHRIS CHARLEBOIS Mon, 04/13/2009 - 07:07

I'm just curious: How does that work? Is it a service that will not cancel or clear without an authorization code?

m_mudassir_saeed Mon, 04/13/2009 - 07:33

it's service, which works together with other stuff and tapi based applications, and does not clear phone screen unless correct pin code is entered.

stephan.steiner Tue, 04/14/2009 - 04:55

How do you handle the user pressing the service button then immediately starting to dial?

With firmware loads above 8.3.5 you have the notify uris so you could have a notify uri to be informed when your app loses focus or is closed and bring it back right away - but what do you do if your phones run an older load or if you're dealing with phones that don't support that mechanism period (e.g. the 7940/60/05/12 and probably also most of the wireless phones.. and IPC releases (havn't checked the 7.0 but I know everything before that cannot handle the new xml functionality)).

My colleagues in France developed a simpler approach - have a service that users need to call and enter their pin and that reconfigures the phone (partition/css) so that the user can dial out.. users can still press whatever keys they like so they'd have access to your directory and call list, but they cannot call out unless somebody unlocks the phone.

m_mudassir_saeed Tue, 04/14/2009 - 05:10

In fact, as I mentioned, the solution is blend of XML Services, TAPI based applications and other stuff. So when someone lock the phone, first of all, whole call history is deleted immediately, and then it's started being monitored by TAPI based application which works with other stuff, and as soon somebody tries to dial out, it disconnects the call and a prompt inquiring pin code automatically appears on the phone screen. So nobody would be ever able to dial out, and all the incoming calls are redirected to the user's mobile number, so that's what makes it different from EM, as in the case of EM phone goes log-off, but in this case phones never log-off.

torsten.brink Sat, 05/02/2009 - 01:15

Hi Saeed,

I have two questions:

1. With the TAPI approch, this would mean that there will be a CTI Link per monitored device needed, is that correct?

2. What PIN for the Lockin/-out is used. Is the CUCM User PIN used?? that would be great..

Thanks for your answers in advance

Cheers

Torsten.

m_mudassir_saeed Sat, 05/02/2009 - 01:29

Hello Dear,

Please find below answers.

1. All the phones wishing to subscribe to this service should be regiestered with TAPI module as well so that we always remain aware of phones activities

2. We can use CUCM USER PIN, but in the sample application I hard coded one.

Hope this answers your concerns.

Thanks & Regards,

M. Mudassir Saeed

shamkumar Mon, 02/22/2016 - 09:00

Hi I am looking for code can i have code please?

I dont see your email id to email you

Actions

This Discussion