Views
Helpful
Replies

Total Memory size in LMS2.6

oalvi
Level 1
Level 1

We have LMS 2.6 RME4.0.6

When I create Custom Report Templates for Memory size and generate report, the value is repeated, but in the Detailed Device Report for same device the value not repeated and comes under total memory size

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't follow. Can you post screenshots illustrating the problem you're seeing?

I need to generate a report to get the memory come with the box

I attached the two files:

1- Detail Device Report.xls that default report in the report generator, you find before the end The Memory Information part, the value is 256.00 MB

2- Custom_report_Memory.jpg, the custom report which i created and generated for the same device and the value is repeated.

What is your custom report ruleset?

Memory:Size(MB):=:All

I cannot reproduce what you are seeing as I have no LMS 2.6 to test.

But what you are seeing in your custom report is

from "Processor Information"

"RAM Size (MB)" and NOT

from "Memory Information"

"Total RAM Size(MB)"

as you expected.

What I am curious about is, the following in DDR:

from "Memory Information"

"Processor Index = 77", "Total RAM Size(MB) = 256"

From my reading this points to Line Card VIP6-80 in Slot 12

"Index = 77"

and not to your RSP which I read is in Slot 6;

as well your redundant RSP which seems to be in Slot 7 is marked as a Line Card:

"Physical Entity Name = Line Card 7" for "Index = 58"

======

perhaps jclarke can shed some light into this ?

======

If I remeber well there where only a few fields which could be selected for custom reports compared to the information in a "Detailed Device Report" (DDR). I know that you have more possibilities in LMS 3.x but I never checked if you have all fields from DDR available to make a custom report.

That is one reason why some customer started to export a DDR from CLI and processed the information to get what they want. This was also one of the arguments to open the database read-only in some parts in the upcoming LMS 3.2.

Given the version of code on this 7513, I suspect an ENTITY-MIB bug. I cannot say for certain without seeing the raw data, but that is the most likely cause of this index issue. Unfortunately, I don't have a 7500 with which to recreate.

Given this ruleset, mermel's analysis is correct. Since devices can have multiple processors each with their own pool, the report will show you each processor's installed memory. One thing that might help you differentiate the different processors is the ruleset:

Processor:Model Name:equals:All

AND:Processor:RAM Size (MB):=:All

event with ruleset:

Processor:Model Name:equals:All

AND:Processor:RAM Size (MB):=:All

the value of Memory is repeated per CPU

Yes, it would be. My point was that at least you can see what module the memory value corresponds to.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: