cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.21 and exchange 2003

jg
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting Doh and Malex errors in the application event viewer. I have checked the rights/permissions and there is no problem with that. I can log into the Unity_Unity mailbox using the account that i access the mailbox. After 20 hours of troubleshooting with Cisco Tac i still dont have an answer.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 30003

Date: 4/13/2009

Time: 11:26:31 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by AvCsMgr via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: The information store could not be opened.

Event Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx

Event ID: 30012

Description:

An occurred which prevents successful Exchange access by AvCsMgr via MAPI.

This is typically an indication of configuration issues with Unity, Exchange, or the MAPI subsystem.

Verify that the Unity services accounts are granted the correct permissions and that there are no issues with installation. The SysCheck utility may assist in diagnosing the problem.

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Doh

Event ID: 32013

Description:

Doh logon failed due to messaging component logon error: 8004052eH

12 Replies 12

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd say the MAPI profile on the Unity server is corrupted. Have them delete the old MAPI profile and create a new one. I forgot the name of the tool, but it's on the system

We have deleted the profile several times, even created another unity account in case the old one was corrupted. Time has something to do with it as the errors dont appear immediately but show up after a day or so of rebooting the server. Voicemail is currently working but after a length of time it will stop.

Hi -

The error you are getting, besides MAPI profile related, does indicate a permissions error. Have you run either the Syscheck or Directory diagnostics on your server? Run the Syscheck logged on as the unitymsgstoresvc account. Run the Directory diags logged on as the unitydirsvc account. Another thing I thought of that can cause the server to stop working is a licensing problem - you might just check your Unity licensing console for alerts.

Ginger

Here is the output of the syscheck:

Failure Doh Trying to find the Doh. Unexpected Error Occured in E:\Views\CU4.2.0.110\un_Doh2\SysCheck\DohTests\GetTheDoh.cpp, line: 52, hr = : HRESULT 0x8004052E Contact Technical Support.

Failure Doh Check call routing rules Property Not Found or Corrupted in E:\Views\CU4.2.0.110\un_Doh2\SysCheck\DohTests\CheckRoutingRules.cpp, line: 136, hr = : HRESULT 0x80043200 Check client code if property is being set.

Failure Domain IsDomainAdmin The current user is not a domain administrator Log on with an account that is a domain administrator, then rerun Setup

All other tests succeeded

The dir access tests:

Test Mailstore succeeded

Send-AS, Rx-AS and store-Admin were yes

Created a test user: DADTest_1_Delete

User access test:

Write access: no on all objects

Read access: No on CiscoEsc.. objects

msexchrecordedname: no

othermailbox : no

target address: mo

telephone number: no

when created: no

otherwise it was a yes

One other thing:

The errors come every 5 minutes almost down to the second. I dont know why that is..

Hi -

Couple of things:

- When you ran the Delegation of Control wizard in Exchange System Manager (the follow-on to Unity Permissions wizard), did you give the unitydirsvc account Exchange View Administrator permissions?

- Make sure your unity accounts are all included in the server's Local Administrators group.

Ginger

Thanks for your input;

UnityDirSvc is an Exchange Administrator

UnityMsgStoreSvc is a Exchange view only administrator

All unity service accounts are local admin on the Unity server.

I have just added UnityMsgStoreSvc to the local admin group for the exchange server. See if that makes any difference.

Hi -

I'm sure this depends on what account you used to install Unity so I would not suggest changing your specific configuration without checking with TAC. Our Unity installation account has Exchange Administrator delegation and our unitydirsvc account has Exchange View Only delegation. For your consideration, here is a link that will also provide you additional areas to check under the "verify" section - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00800949dc.shtml

P.S. I just retested the Directory diags on one of my Unity servers logged on as unitydirsvc account. This account needs to have read and write access to the user account properties, especially the CiscoEcsbu ones. Have you tried rerunning the permissions wizard?

Ginger

I havent received an error ever since i added the unitymsgstoresvc to the local admin group on the exchange server. Will wait and see.

Thanks ginger for all of your help,

jim

Hi Jim -

We have our unity installation account in the Domain Admins group, which is listed in our local admins group for each Exchange server. Since it sounds like your unitymsgstoresvc account is configured like our install account, what you have done sounds appropriate.

Regards, Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: