Views
Helpful
Replies

ISSUE/SOFTWARE BUG: End UserConfigured Block lists

jonathan_gallo
Level 1
Level 1

Ver. Of software: 6.6.0-202

Problem: When trying to access End User Configured Block lists the option does not show up.

Taken directly from the user guide for the device:

End users can create safelists to ensure that messages from certain senders are never treated as spam, and they can use blocklists to ensure that messages from certain senders are always treated as spam. For example, an end user may receive email from a mailing list that no longer interests him. He may decide to add this sender to his blocklist to prevent emails from the mailing list from getting sent to his inbox.

On the other hand, end users may find that emails from specific senders get sent to their Spam Quarantine when they don't want them to be treated as spam. To ensure mail from these senders are not quarantined, they may want to add the senders to their safelists.

Adding Entries to Safelists

End users can add senders to safelists in two ways:

Method 1:

1. From the Spam Quarantine, select the Options drop-down menu.

2. Choose Safelist.

3. From the Safelist dialog box, enter the email address or domain.

4. Click Add to List.

Figure 5-4 Release and Add to Safelist

Method 2:

1. End users can also add senders to the safelist if the message has been sent to the end user quarantine.

2. From the End-User Quarantine, select the checkbox next to message.

3. Choose "Release and Add to Safelist" from the drop-down menu

I am not getting a menu under "options"

I have tried this on both my device as well as a customer's device. This is something my customer wants.

I understand the issue I reported - "The end user is not able to access the page to configure their end user quarantine (normally accessed on this page)" is a known bug and has been fixed in the next software release 6.6.1. The release date for this software has not yet been finalized.

Do you have a ETA DATE or and ER (early release) version?

Regards,

Jonathan

7 Replies 7

jhogue
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for your message. Indeed you have encountered a known issue. The fix will go into the next release which is due very shortly. Unfortunately, I can't say exactly when that will be but it's nearly finalized.

Jonathan

Cisco,

Any updates on this issue? I am now running 6.6.1-014 and this issue has yet to be resloved.

Thanks,

Jonathan Gallo

Hi Jonathan,

Let me check with engineering to see what the status is on this and I'll get back to you as soon as I hear.

Regards,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I checked with engineering and they have verified that the defect is, indeed, repaired in 6.6.1-014. There are a couple of reasons you may still be seeing it. Here is what I got back from engineering:

A.) Can you please ask the customer to check the version of the software he is  running from the system status page. It is possible that he has upgraded but  forgot to reboot. It might have gone back to original version after 48 hours.

B.) Can you please  try it after clearing the browser cache ? It might be possible that the browser  has created a local version of the page and is not loading the new (updated)  version.

Best regards,

Jonathan

The new software version: 6.6.1-014

I have restarted the unit and cleared the browsers cash memory and tried it in both IE 7 and Firefox 3.0.10 (log in as a user & as administrator).  With the same result as I was getting before, Result: it will pop another browser on the Spam Quarantine hyperlink.  It will only allow me search Blocked emails.  The options menu has language options and logout option. I am not seeing the safe list option as depicted in the documentation.  Has this function or operation changed?

Could anyone else out there verify if this is working or not working for them?

Adding Entries to Safelists

End users can add senders to safelists in two ways:

Method 1:

1. From the Spam Quarantine, select the Options drop-down menu.

2. Choose Safelist.

3. From the Safelist dialog box, enter the email address or domain.

4. Click Add to List.

Figure 5-4 Release and Add to Safelist

Method 2:

1. End users can also add senders to the safelist if the message has been sent to the end user quarantine.

2. From the End-User Quarantine, select the checkbox next to message.

3. Choose "Release and Add to Safelist" from the drop-down menu

Thank you,

Jonathan Gallo

Having the same problem, currently running version: 6.6.0-201. Planning to upgrade here to 6.6.1 build 014 in about 30 minutes. I will let you know if this update works for me.

Marc

worked fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: