Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 - User Tracking Cisco 4507R

Hello, in UT there are only ~ 11 entries with UT information.

Even if i start acquisition again.

I read, that the router of the network has to be in CW Campus Manager to resolve IP and Hostnames.

The 4507R has ip routing enabled and acts as Router, so I don't understand why there are only 11 entries in UT ( there should be about 70-80 )

If i enter a "sh arp" on the Switch, I get over 200 entries.

Any Ideas?

Thx, Patrick

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you saying you only see a total of 11 rows in the end hosts report, or are you saying that only 11 of the 70-80 have IP, hostname, etc. info?

UT at all works fine ( about 30.000 records )

But I have one Cisco 4507R Switch which shows me only 11 rows in UT.

There are 2 x 48 Port modules in the 4507R Switch which are about 90 % patched and staying on "connected" if I say "sh int status"

Delete and re-adding the device in DCR doesn't make it better. There'r just 11 entries for this big Switch.

Please post the output of show int status and the running config on this switch. What is an example MAC that is missing from UT?

good morning =)

I added the files you requested. Hope it will help.

thx,

Patrick

Please post the NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/portsData.xml file.

Hey,

here is the file, I only insert the affected Switch, hope that is enough.

Thx, Patrick

This checks out. I suggest you open a TAC Service Request so the ut.log can be collected with user tracking debugging enabled. Filtering this log will not be possible as not all of the relevant lines will contain the device's IP address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: