Add new router to existing wccp router list

Unanswered Question

We have a working WAAS deployment with two 674s positioned as acceleratiors and one 512 as the Central manager. WAAS is used to accelerate connections from a branch location to our main HQ datacenter. We will be bringing a new physical site online next week. We have purchased three new 674s. We will be deploying one at the new facility, one in our DR location and another 674 in our HQ location. We would like to bring these three WAEs online in steps:

1. Bring up WAE in new branch and establish connectivity with the existing HQ WAE

2. Bring up second WAE in HQ location for HQ WAAS redundancy for both branch connections

3. Bring up the WAE in the DR center so that acceleration is in place if the primary circuit between the branch and HQ is lost

We are using wccp on the 7206 routers running IOS 12.4(15)T8 which has been validated with our SE and the Data Center SE, and wccp Negotiated return on the WAEs running 4.1.1c. We want to understand any potential impact to working users on the existing branch/HQ connection if we add the router for the new branch/HQ circuit into the router list on the existing HQ WAE device. We also need to know the the impact of bringing up the second HQ WAE and adding the existing router addresses to provide some redundancy in the HQ location. I already have a TAC case open for this but I wanted to post here as well. Any help that can be provide will be much appreciated. Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion