ICND1 passed - Yay!

Unanswered Question
Apr 14th, 2009

I managed to pass the ICND1 test, but found that my study material was actually lacking in some areas, but fortunately a little experience helped (don't want to mention any names). But I'm a little worried about the ICND2 test because it looks to be more in-depth. Can any one recommend the best books or study guides for ICND2?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
optixgate Sat, 04/18/2009 - 17:46

i am in the middle of training for my ccna. 2 things are really taking me threw. 1. getting a home cisco lab. my own routers and my own switches. you will never learn in a book what you can messup and fix in your own labs. 2. im studying from Chris Bryant. his course wear is amazing. i have his training videos from trainsignal. he references alot of thigs to real world. plus you listen to him talk and watch him show you how to setup etherchannel and vlans and STP right on your screen. while you watch him set it up you do the same on your home lab. best testing ever.

tdenham735 Sun, 04/19/2009 - 15:55

Thanks Optixgate! Funny thing, I just got the TrainSignal set and was listening to Chris Bryant. I think you're correct. I like the way he has been explaining so far, so now I have even more confidence after seeing what you have to say about the TrainSignal setup. I have a partial home lab, a 2900 SW, 3548XL SW, 1811 Switch/Router combo, 2811 Router and 2511RJ Router. Not a bad start, but I wish I had one of the Cisco wireless devices. Oh well...thanks for the feedback Optixgate! Let me know how you do on the test if you don't mind...thanks:)

This Discussion