cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SBS Server

7bridgesol
Level 1
Level 1

Client has an SBS server and not after putting in a UC500 can't access the remote site.

UC500 has XO T1 line.

No DHCP on uc500.  SBS is handling that.

When thru cca and configured NATt for ports 80, 443, 4125, 3389 to 192.168.16.2 IP address of the server.

Still nothing?

3 Replies 3

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I am confused by your description as to the problems you are having.

Another device can do the DHCP for the UC500, but they should be on the same network.  Is the SBS server also routing packets?  What is the topology?  Does the remote site VPN to the SBS box, or to they connect to the UC500?  Can you provide a topology?

Thanks

Steven

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

Is your setup something like:

SBS server -- LAN --- UC520 ---- INTERNET -- -Remote site / client

You want the remote site to access certain services from the SBS server (such as HTTP 80, HTTPS 443, Remote Desktop 3389 etc) - you setup a static NAT with the ports above using the WAN IP address on the UC520 and mapping to internal IP address 192.168.16.2?

Is the UC520 WAN IP address a publicly routable IP address from XO? I guess XO has some device in front of the UC520 terminating the T1 and if that is doing a NAT it may cause an issue as the port numbers would change. Also if XO device has a firewall blocking certain ports this may fail as well

The other area to look at - on the UC520 is the firewall blocking the specific ports? Can you upload the config for the UC520? Also, what CCA version did you use

got it.  Also, please note I had to add port 4125 remote web workplace.

Thanks for all your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: