Call Forwarding on a Keysystem?

Answered Question
Apr 14th, 2009

I have a UC500 set up as a key system, and the users want to be able to forward calls coming in over the "CO" lines to other phones in the office (mostly to forward to someones voicemail). I have been doing some reading, and I think I already know the answer to my question, but is there a way to forward from a "CO" line to an internal extension. I am assuming the answer is no, because the CO lines are trunk lines, and can not be forwarded.

Is there a way around this, or does the system need to be reconfigured as a PBX? The only thing that keeps me from wanting to go in this direction is that I want any of the people to be able to answer a call that is incoming, not a receptionist or AA. They prefer to have all of their phones ring so that anyone can answer, and then forward it from there if they need to.

What's the best way to make this happen?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Maulik Shah about 7 years 7 months ago

Yes - that was the shared / overlay option - outbound calling would require a 9 as its in PBX mode

Correct Answer by Maulik Shah about 7 years 7 months ago

That is correct - a trunk DN cannot be set to Call Forward on No Answer or Busy.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/...

Restrictions

A directory number with a trunk line cannot be configured for call forward, busy, or no answer.

You would need to move the system to PBX mode (does require a factory reset). To resolve the issue of having incoming calls ring all phones - using UC520 SW Pack 7.0.2 & CCA 1.9.1 you can use the call blast feature to ring all phones at once, then use the final parameter there to forward to voicemail.

The only other option is to go to PBX mode and use CLI to configure each line as a shared overlay but this is complicated.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Maulik

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Maulik Shah Tue, 04/14/2009 - 10:49

That is correct - a trunk DN cannot be set to Call Forward on No Answer or Busy.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/...

Restrictions

A directory number with a trunk line cannot be configured for call forward, busy, or no answer.

You would need to move the system to PBX mode (does require a factory reset). To resolve the issue of having incoming calls ring all phones - using UC520 SW Pack 7.0.2 & CCA 1.9.1 you can use the call blast feature to ring all phones at once, then use the final parameter there to forward to voicemail.

The only other option is to go to PBX mode and use CLI to configure each line as a shared overlay but this is complicated.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Maulik

Derek Thom Tue, 04/14/2009 - 14:38

I think I have done a work around before, inadvertantly actually. Basically, I plar'd the FXO ports to an internal extension, and then set them up as shared dn's on each phone. This works, however the end users had to dial 9 every time they wanted to dial out, and could not just press the line they wanted to use. I was able to do this with the system originally configured from the CCA as a keysystem.

I guess I will have to give them the option, and see what they want to do.

Thanks!

Derek

Correct Answer
Maulik Shah Tue, 04/14/2009 - 14:46

Yes - that was the shared / overlay option - outbound calling would require a 9 as its in PBX mode

Derek Thom Thu, 04/16/2009 - 07:51

It looks like just removing the "trunk" command on each ephone-dn associated with the outside line via the CLI was all it took. Calls still plar to those extensions, and now can be forwarded to internal extensions and voicemail. Pressing 9 before the number gets the caller to an outside line.

Thanks,

Derek

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content