jrosetta1 Thu, 04/16/2009 - 16:20

I would say use packet tracer and read some of the Cisco books about the topic you have issues with.

WAN links is really not that bad. Did you fail up on a simulation question? Do you know your WAN protocols well such as frame relay, PPP, HDLC, etc?

The way I remember it was doing a-lot of packet tracer labs based on WAN protocols.

optixgate Sat, 04/18/2009 - 17:41

the best for knowing your routers and switches and getting your self a home test lab. i purchased a cisco lab and its amazing. no book or video or cram sheet will ever teach me what i have learned by configuring etherchannel on 2 3550s and see that it wasent working correctly and finding that one of my commands where incorrect. and i promis you i will never make the same mistake twice. just a thought.. good luck

shanemcanuff Wed, 04/22/2009 - 15:39

Today I sat the exam and now I am CCNA, the the WAN past this time I got 100%. My next move is CCNP, going to take the Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks 1st week of next month. I feel so good. I am a Jamaican and as the Network Engineer at my company I work with cisco device everyday, I even manage a BGP network. Thank you God I am now CCNA.

dmclarnon Tue, 01/04/2011 - 03:22

hey bro, I had the same problem, sat the icnd 2 and got high percentages in all other topics except WANS and I am network enginerr with some reasonable filed experience in WANS, so I cant really understand where I am going wrong in the Exam. PPP is easy, HDLC is easy and FRAME-RELAY  is OK with the labs and experience so I dont know what Else I am supposed to be studying if the Certification exam content is not using anything different than the exlm topis posted on the ceritifcation tracking program and the certification library. Your guess is as good as mine.

Actions

This Discussion