cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC: SERVER QUESTION

tona_2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a question. In this moment i have a server 3350 (Part number: NAC3350-SVR-RMA, serial number: USM7270087). Can I used it, for a new deployment?,

I wanted to buy another server like this, in order to have Failover.

Is this possible to use it and form a failover deployment with another new server?

Or I need to buy de failover bundle?

I hope your comments.

6 Replies 6

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

I think you need failover budle for configuring failover in NAC. If you ordered a Failover Bundle, you will receive two physical Cisco NAC Appliances, and you will need to perform the initial configuration on each machine as described in this guide. After initial configuration is complete, configure High Availability (HA) using the CAM or CAS web console and physically connect the appliances to create the HA pair.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/installation_guide/hardware/41hwqsg.html#wp34091

You can work with your Cisco account team to convert your two stand-alone licenses to a failover license. Consulting with the then before purchasing anything.

-Dan

Ok.thks

nomair_83
Level 3
Level 3

Just email to licensing team with mac address of primary server once you have second server.

Regards

the licensing, will have additional cost?

Not sure..ping the lic team first then they will inform you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: