cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator - Conf Call Set Up

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

Can some one recommend the equipment needed if you have an IP Communicator as your telephone. I will assume you need two NIC cards for this to happen.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IPC, call control agent and a CFB (SW/HW) not sure why you mention you need 2 NICs. what for?

IPC is just the same as a 7970 but in your PC, it's the same thing to make a conference there

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You do need to allow traffic from the Data VLAN to access the Voice VLAN and vice versa. That or a 802.1Q aware NIC/second NIC.

We are using IP Communicator 7.0.1.0 and I am using a wireless headset. I have some one else who would like to use a wireless headset and use the IP Communicator for conf calls in his office, so this is why I ask about what equipment or changes need to be made in order for this to work.

As long as the PC that IPC is installed on can talk to CallManager servers you do not need anything extra.

Simply configure IPC on CM and point IPC to the correct tftp server and off you go.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: