cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP - WLC - WCS - Compatibility

theciscodisco
Level 1
Level 1

I'm upgrading a WLC4124 wireless controller to a WLC4402 - 50 and hope to use the existing AP1030's I have already installed. I have new AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9 models to add to the existing AP1030's. I also would like to control this with WCS. My question is where do I find compatibility information with regards to what version of WCS, WLC code(?) and AP's / AP modes (L2,L3) work together?

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 1000 series AP's that you have are only suppored in WLC code 4.2 and earlier. I usually try to keep the WCS and WLC train at the same level for compatibility.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks guys, fella5, how did you make that determination?

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you can find controller / wcs version in the WCS config document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6305/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

You can check the WLC code release notes for a list of supported APs

WCS code release notes will list the supported WLC code levels.

Generally speaking, WCS will support the WLC code levels that were released prior to the release date of that particular WCS code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card