cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 - Transfer to non unity extension

gb-fairchild
Level 1
Level 1

On my main call handler I callers who press 5, to be transfered to x5555 which rings the night bell. I have set up the caller input for key 5 to transfer to a 2nd call handler if the caller presses it. The 2nd call handler is set to transfer the call to extension 5555 using the Release to Switch type of transfer. When I test, I am getting the greeting for the 2nd call handler instead of getting to extension 5555.

14 Replies 14

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chances are instead of choosing "Attempt transfer to", you chose "send directly to greeting" on that call handler prior.

Hope that helps,

Brad

On the 1st Call Handler on the Caller Input, key number 5 has the action "Send caller to Attempt transfer for Globe night bell". Globe night bell is the 2nd call handler which is set to transfer to x5555.

CH1 has caller input 5 which transfers to CH2. If you expect CH2 to immediately transfer to a destination extension, it will need to have Call Transfer configured and enter the destination extension (sounds like it's 5555 in your case). The 5555 extension should ring.

Brad

Brad,

That is what I have configured. It goes the the greeting of CH2 instead of extension 5555.

Bill

Bill, by any chance to you see a failed transfer event logged in the application event log when you attempt to tranfer to the night bell?

Nothing in the application event log regarding a failed transfer.

I have attached a copy of the log from Port Status Monitor

I suspect that you have not enabled the active transfer rule to allow transfer.

Go to the "Transfer" page for the Call Handler responsible for doing the transfer and ensure that appropriate transfer rule is enabled and set to allow transfers. If the "Alternate" transfer rule is enabled, it ovverides the "Standard" and "Closed" transfer rule.

That was it! Many thanks.

Bill

Hi Brad

I hope you are OK.

I just created a call handlers, all working fine with the extension associated, but when I press any option over the extension associated on the inputs (send caller to attempt transfer for X, Z..there I always reach the voice mail of those user so I can't talk with them.

Please your suggest

Regards

A

I don't understand what you're trying to do, could you explain in more detail what you have setup?

See the attached file (call handler configuration) , the issue is when I dial to the call handler and chose an option on the caller imput menu, for example option 1 or 2 , the call is directed transfered to the voice mail instead to get the ring back of the extension associated and later answer of the user associated(before I check if the extension are busy or disconnected of the network and they answer my call when I dial directly)...do you understand my issue now?

Andres

Go to Juan Yatiz' subscriber page; then Call Transfer. Make sure that under "Transfer incoming calls?" section, you have "Yes, ring message recipient's extension" selected, then save it.

Brad

thxs a lot Brad...it fixed my issue.

Glad its fixed :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: