cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.0(2) - IMAP authentication from LDAP Sync?

woodsbc
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity Connection 7.0(2) installed and configured to use LDAP sync and LDAP authentication for end users. I can successfully Import users that were synced from LDAP/AD and voice mail functionality works as expected.

The users who are imported can authenticate to the PCA website and get access to Unity Inbox using their LDAP login credentials no problem. So the LDAP Sync and the LDAP authentication configurations are correct.

IMAP, however, using the LDAP username/password - the same as used for the PCA website - always fails. If I create a non-LDAP imported voicemail user, I can authenticate to IMAP and PCA no problem using the password that I created.

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong here. Can you use your LDAP credentials to authenticate via IMAP to CUC 7.0(2)?

Thanks.

Brian

3 Replies 3

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

I have this running in my lab fine!

I'll have a look at the setup, can you double check you have the correct settings in the LDAP authentication page in CUC?

And also that you are using the correct COS that has rights for IMAP access?

It wasn't my configuration, it was a bug - CSCsy48064. I am using SSL for LDAP Authentication. If I disable SSL and restart DirSync and IMAP services as the workaround states, it works just fine.

I need to get a hold of the ES that fixes this now.

ah, would that fix the secure messaging from CUPC as well? I couldn't get that working...