Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 used as RIP V2 Router - Cisco Pix VPN Access

mcseinmaine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In advance, thank you to anyone who may be able to help with this problem. I have an RV082 device that is enabled as working mode: router with Receive RIP R1 & R2 and Transmit RIP V2 Broadast. I have an ethernet internet feed from a local provider who has given us a small block of IP's and I have this router interfacing between the ethernet and other firewalls and devices. The intention was to use this device as just a router to route between the providers range and our public range of IP's, so I have disabled the firewall and there is no port forwarding configured. I currently have 3 devices with public IP's on their WAN side connecting to a port on the LAN side of the RV082. These devices seem to be working ok and I can access them with no problem from the outside using their individual public ip. I have tried switching over our Cisco PIX 506e which handles remote VPN access via the Cisco VPN client and when a client tries to connect, it hangs during the "Securing Communications Channel". This worked fine before when there was an actual Cisco 1700 router interfacing to a T1, but now it does not work with the RV082 acting as the public router. Does anyone know of a setting that I have missed in configuring the RV082 or Cisco Pix 506e? Thank you again for any suggestions you may have. Comments are appreciated. Also, I have updated the RV082 to the latest firmware.

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

The following are the steps on how to create VPN clients on the RV082.

Step 1:

Open the Setup page for the RV082; http://192.168.1.1. Go to the VPN tab and then click on VPN Client Access tab.

Step 2:

Put the desired username and password for the VPN client users. You may allow the users to change the password for the VPN client. Click on Active and then Add to list to add the user. The updated firmware for the RV082 (1.3.6-q50) is capable of creating 50 Quick VPN users. Click Save Settings.

Step 3:

You may use now the Active user on the VPN client software for the RV082. You just need to put the username and password and the server address.

Note: The Server Address is the WAN IP address of the RV082 (preferably should be a Static Public IP address from the Internet Service Provider).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card