cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP farm & Voice adaptor

orbitbahrain
Level 1
Level 1

we have a cisco router 7206VXR (NPE225) processor with VXC-2TE1+ Port adapter, 2 ports installed for

voice calls.

I can see the following configuration in the router. where is the DSP module inserted? is it inbuilt

with VXC-2TE1+ Port adapter or separately we need to install in the simm module in the router?

I can see only one DSPfarm1/0. why DSPfarm 1/1 is not showing ?

Suppose i replace the existing VXC-2TE1+ Port adapter should i change DSP configs as well?

dspint DSPfarm1/0

codec high ecan-extended

shut 0,6

controller E1 1/0

pri-group timeslots 1-16

!

controller E1 1/1

pri-group timeslots 1-31

interface Serial1/0:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

no logging event link-status

isdn switch-type primary-qsig

isdn protocol-emulate network

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn T310 40000

isdn contiguous-bchan

no cdp enable

!

interface Serial1/1:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-qsig

isdn protocol-emulate network

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn T310 60000

no cdp enable

!

voice-port 1/0:15

input gain 6

output attenuation -1

echo-cancel coverage 32

!

voice-port 1/1:15

input gain 7

output attenuation 3

echo-cancel coverage 24

echo-cancel mode 2

music-threshold -50

Thanks

1 Reply 1

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

The DSPs are necessary for packet telephony technologies such as Voice over IP (VoIP), Voice over Frame-Relay (VoFR), and Voice over ATM (VoATM). The DSPs are responsible for the conversion of voice from analog to digital forms and the other way around, to set the gain and attenuation parameters, for the operation of Voice Activity Detection (VAD), and more. Proper hardware and software operation of the DSPs is necessary to ensure that calls can be established and maintained correctly. The below URL also includes discussion of how to identify and troubleshoot the DSPs which are used by the PA-MCX MIX-enabled Multichannel T1/E1 Port Adaptors for the Cisco 7200 router platform, when these voice-capable Port Adaptors are used for voice termination. When used for voice termination, the PA-MCX T1/E1 Port Adaptors dynamically obtain DSP resources from a PA-VXA/PA-VXB/PA-VXC Voice Port Adaptor installed on the same Cisco 7200 router.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps341/products_tech_note09186a008019f2fa.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: