cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection loss with Vista clients

keynet
Level 1
Level 1

We installed a new wireless network with a WLC4402-50 controller (version 5.2.178) and 1131AG access-points. The SSID is in boradcast mode without a security feature.

Now, we have problems with vista clients. This clients lost the wireless connection after about 15 minutes. It is possible to reconnet the clients.

Has anyone a idea what ist the problem by vista clients?

Regards

Pascal

2 Replies 2

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Pascal,

I have had this issue with Vista/XP with Intel Pro wireless cards.

The solution I have found is to downgrade to 4.1.185

HTH>

Are you using Wireless Zero Config? If not, you might want to try that. Also make sure you are running SP1 on the Vista machines.

What is your session timeout for the WLAN? If it's set for the default, which I believe is 30 minutes, then you might want to change that and see what happens. Yeah, I know, it's 30 minutes, not 15 minutes that you're seeing, but I had a similar problem to yours that went away when I changed the session timeout.

You might also want to check your DHCP lease duration (and no, an expiring DHCP lease should not cause a dropped connection, but stranger things have happened).

Do you see any messages on the controller about why the clients dropped (or other messages that were logged WHEN the clients dropped)?

If it matters, I run Vista SP1 with 4.2.176.0 and 4.2.130.0 all day using an Intel 4965 and the latest drivers. No disconnects.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card