cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cann't run SNMP services from servicse.msc in ICM

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

Should I start SNMP service from services to monitor alarms from IPCC?

If yes - what should I do ?

Because when I manualy start SNMP service - it simultaneously stops

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On the UCCE servers, installing Cisco hardening will disable the Windows SNMP agent. Do not enable it. Installing the instance will install the Cisco SNMP agent. This is the one to use - don't fiddle with the Windows one.

I bet the Cisco one is running perfectly well, and you are playing with the Windows one. You try to start it but there is already an SNMP agent, so it exits.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

joesnyde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Be sure to follow the ICM SNMP Installation guide:

Chapter 2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_7_0/configuration/guide/snmp70ug.pdf

ICM/IPCC SNMP support is automatically installed during the course of normal setup. No extrasteps need be taken during setup for SNMP support to be enabled. However, Microsoft Windows SNMP optional components must be installed on ICM/IPCC servers for any SNMP agents to function.

rao.mohsin
Level 1
Level 1

Stop the Cisco CVP SNMP Management SERVICE from ICM NODE Manager if you are trying to Start SNMP service on CVP's.

Make the SNMP Service and start.

IF you are Trying on other Components like Router , PG's You have to Remove the SNMP service from add remove Window Programs---->Management and Monitoring Tools...May be Your server go in hang state while removing SNMP Service.Install the Service again and start the SNMP service.

RCA==>SNMP service Crashing.

I hope this Could help you out.

On the UCCE servers, installing Cisco hardening will disable the Windows SNMP agent. Do not enable it. Installing the instance will install the Cisco SNMP agent. This is the one to use - don't fiddle with the Windows one.

I bet the Cisco one is running perfectly well, and you are playing with the Windows one. You try to start it but there is already an SNMP agent, so it exits.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

Is there any way tot generate a snmp trap from any of the UCCE servers?

I verified that my trapreceiver is working from my linux management station, but I'd love to see that the Cisco SNMP agent is also fully funtional.

Tia

--bas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: