Adding second node to existing UCCX in production

Unanswered Question
Apr 15th, 2009
User Badges:

The customer is currently using the first node in production. The HA license is already applied to the first node.

The first node is installed with 7.0.1 SR1 with SQL server.

Now, I need to add the second node and I have some questions before I start building the server.

1) After installing the UCCX software, I will install the SQL server to the second node. Should I apply SR1 before I start the initial configuration? if not, when should I do it?

2) After I complete the initial configuration, what are the major steps I need to complete so the two servers can work together as HA? How do I make sure everything synchronize OK? How do I make sure CTI ports are created for the second node?

3) Is there any process that will interrupt the functions of the first node since it's in production right now? Should this integration be done after hours?

Note: I have done HA installation. but in all cases I have build two servers at the same time and configured them as HA before they go to production.

Thanks in advance

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Aaron Harrison Mon, 04/20/2009 - 23:27
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

1) Yes, apply SQL, then the same SR as you have on the primary server. Then, run the appadmin webpage (logging in as Administrator/ciscocisco) to run the initial setup.

2) When you active the services during initial configuration, the system will add another set of CTI ports automatically. The only thing to watch for here is that you have sequential DNs available (i.e if you use ports 1001-1300, then have 1301-1600 free) or it may allocate an unwanted set of numbers or fail.

All your DBs etc should also sync when you enable the various datastores. I've only had this fail once, and had to go into Datastore Control Centre to activate the publishers for some data stores.

3) There will be some increase in resource utilisation as things synchronise, but I've done this on (smaller) production networks without any complaints. If your customer is large (or sensitive) then I would do it out of hours anyway.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts....

Actions

This Discussion