Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 Unknow device : WS-C2950G-24-EI

adrienbomble
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an issue with one kind of device: WS-C2950G-24-EI. This kind of device appears as "Unknow device". When i look in Common services, i have got a small question mark icon next to the device.

Moreover, RME is not able to fetch the config.

Could you tell me if there is a way to upgrade LMS in order it recognized this kind of device ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best Regards,

Adrien BOMBLE

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can update your CiscoWorks component applications with device packages. Go to the CiscoWorks Homepage and select Common Services > Software Center > Device Update. Check the Resource Manager Essentials check box, and click Check for Updates.

See the supported devices table at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.1/device_support/table/lms31sdt.html

According to that table, the 2950G 24 E1 (sysObjectID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.428) is supported if it is running IOS 12.1.(11) EA1.

Hope this helps. Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the sysObjectID of this device?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can update your CiscoWorks component applications with device packages. Go to the CiscoWorks Homepage and select Common Services > Software Center > Device Update. Check the Resource Manager Essentials check box, and click Check for Updates.

See the supported devices table at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.1/device_support/table/lms31sdt.html

According to that table, the 2950G 24 E1 (sysObjectID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.428) is supported if it is running IOS 12.1.(11) EA1.

Hope this helps. Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks a lot for your response !

Best Regards,

Adrien BOMBLE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: