Views
Helpful
Replies

7911 phone problem

tka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

After doing a RESET FACTORY to a 7911 IP phone, this latter displayed "UPGRADING" and did nothinh else ( a fixed state ). After a while, the phone displays the CISCO logo and a "Radio button" in the bottom left of the screen.

what could be the problem ?

many thanks.

4 Replies 4

A661manE7
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to resolve your issue. I am having the same results after doing a FACTORY RESET of my 7911 phone? I know that I have the correct configuration on the router, because I was able to upgrade another 7911 phone that I did not need to do a FACTORY RESET on. I am in the fixed state and it has not change as yours did with the CISCO Logo.

When you do factory reset, the phone looks for the firmware files starting with term11.default.loads, so you must be able to reach the TFTP server where the files are stored.

The phone is able to reach the Router that the TFTP Server is located on. I know this because I have DHCP Services on that router as well and the phone gets an address from the server. I've tried statically assign the Mac-address to ephone 1 with no results. I have attached another 7911 phone that I did not have to do a factory reset, and it upgraded with no problem and works fine. Any other suggestions?

Check "debug tftp events".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: