cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bug Scrubs and Fixed Bugs

mfarrenkopf
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on a bug scrub for a new IOS for our enterprise. I'm finding several bugs that say something like "Fixed in 12.2(44)SE", and yet if I click on "Affected Versions", it says "12.2(50)SE" is affected.

Is this just a typographical error? If it is, then there are a lot of them:

CSCsf28513

CSCse56676

CSCso49982

just to list a few (and not in any particular order).

So are these still genuine bugs for 12.2(50)SE? How about bugs that say "Fixed in 12.2(25)SB" but still list 12.2(50)SE as affected?

If these truly are still bugs for 12.2(50)SE, that's gonna screw up a lot of the research I've already done. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

eborcher
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I looked at the three bugs you mentioned and they all are fixed prior to 12.2(50)SE being released. In other words, 12.2(50)SE is not affected. I went into bug tracker and documented that this version is not affected so it should be removed shortly from the three bugs.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

eborcher
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I looked at the three bugs you mentioned and they all are fixed prior to 12.2(50)SE being released. In other words, 12.2(50)SE is not affected. I went into bug tracker and documented that this version is not affected so it should be removed shortly from the three bugs.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very kindly for your timely response. I would caution, however, that those three are representative of the issue I was seeing but are far from the only three that I found. I currently have a list of about 48 bugs (inclusive of the three I listed) that are of interest to me that affect the 12.2SE train, and only about 15 of those show that they have not been resolved yet or were resolved in a version later than 12.2(50)SE (such as SE1, so not much later). So this is a larger problem than just the three I listed.

But again, thank you for your help and your quick response.

Thank you for the heads up. Unfortunately, these errors may have been caused by human error. There is a version field filled in by a person working with the bug system and it was probably entered in wrong.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card