Patrick Born Thu, 04/16/2009 - 04:14
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Tomas,

Officially, the WIP310 does not support roaming and this is not a supported configuration due to the potential complexity.

If the above does not bother you, then you may be able to get roaming working in acceptable manner for you, by having two access points with the same SSID on the same LAN.

Please let me know of any results if you attempt this.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Tomas Chott Thu, 04/16/2009 - 10:58
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hello,

some time later i testing this:

8xWAP200 in building

Same VLAN, Same SSID, Same Security

WIP330 and WIP300

This works fine, now i have some end user with wireless technology from Symbol and have problem with roaming.

If i will have some free time i can test this with WAP200 and WIP310.

Regards,

Tomas

Patrick Born Thu, 04/16/2009 - 15:28
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Tomas,

Great, I look forward to reading your results.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 05/04/2009 - 00:42
User Badges:

Hi friends,

it seems that we are struggling with the same or similar problem.

We supplied a Motorola Wi-NG WLAN build on the RFS6000 series wireless switches to our customer, who is primarily using Symbol/Motorola MC9090 mobile computers for barcode scanning and warehouse management operations. We also provide wireless coverage for local laptop users. Everything works fine.

A third party supplier supplied Cisco WIP310 phones to this customer and these phones have problems with roaming.

We are in close communication with Motorola to ensure the best possible settings for the voice phones but so far we were unable to resolve this.

Together with the phone vendor, we tested the Nokia E51 and it worked perfectly (roaming across tho whole warehouse).

In the communication below, I see a statement that the "WIP310 does not support roaming".. Can you, please, confirm this? When the vendor asked us about the support of the non-Motorola wireless devices on our infrastructure I said that it might work since we support all standardized things like WMM, etc, but recommended to use the original Cisco 7000 series Voip phones rather than the cheap Linksys family. But they wanted to use SIP, which apparently is not supported on Cico-native VoIP phones, is it?

Can you recommend whether to go with different devices or you might know of some special settings that might work with these devices? (I can provide parts of the CLIs in running config of our devices if needed).

Thanks for response.

Karol Radosovsky, SE

([email protected])

Alberto Montilla Mon, 05/04/2009 - 02:41
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Dear Karol;

Yes, I can confirm WIP310 does not support roaming.

Unfortunately we dont have a product which satisfy your requirements, i.e. SIP and roaming support.

Regards
Alberto

Actions

This Discussion