cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues after WCS 5.2.130 upgrade

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

I just upgraded from WCS 4.2 to 5.2 There are currently two local users, root and helpdesk. the helpdesk user is a lobby admin and is used to create guest accts.

The first thing I noticed was that the helpdesk user can no longer see any of the guest accounts it created. Is this intentional and how to I correct this?

The second thing I noticed was that if an AP is no longer associated to a controller, it still shows the status as green instead of red. Is this intended?

Many thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Different LobbyAdministrator account can't see any accounts created by another. It's up to the Administrator account to look at everything. This is done in purpose.

Is there any way to switch the owner of the account so that the lobby admin can see it?

bumsteadn
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact same issue with version 5.2.130 upgrade. This is a horrible way to do things if was indeed intentional by Cisco. I have 178 guest users at this moment that my lobby admin account now cannot see or administer. Only my admin account can see them after the upgrade. Does anyone have suggestions for this at all? Thanks, I appreciate any advice.

Hi Nathan,

The visibility of the accounts created by Lobby Administrator is limited to the specific Lobby Administrator who created the account. This has always been the case and it's been done intentionally due to security and privacy case.

If you want a Lobby Administrator to have full access to the different accounts created by other Lobby Administrator, then they will have to have an Administrator account.

Hope this helps.

Hey... Thanks for the reply. I must not have explained the scenario well. I'll give more details. We have 1 lobby administrator account the entire helpdesk shares so they can all see all of the guest accounts. That's cool, I do like that way that works. I upgraded WCS. After logging in with lobby admin account I thought all of the guest users didn't get brought into the new version. The page was blank. But guest user accounts were still working.. Hmmm, so I logged back in with the admin account and there they were. All 178 of them. Not sure why this was. But the lobby admin account that is shared from the helpdesk guys absolutely needs access to the guest user accounts and should have, because that same lobby admin account is the one that created ALL of the guest users. Must have been during the upgrade process I'm sure. So far my idea is to use the .csv option. Delete all of the accounts. Log in with the lobby admin account that the Helpdesk uses, and import from file with that .csv. Hopefully it works good enough to get the info back. Hope this makes sense. Thanks again for the reply.

This is caused by the following two bugs. This change was made on purpose. Starting with v6.0, you would have an option to revert this change.

Related Bugs: CSCsw42812, CSCsw42942

In either case, you will be able to see all your guest users if you login as the user 'root'.

--

Pushkar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: