Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC dynamic assignment to same vlan either coming in/out of band

ccie16351
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Pls forgive my ignorance, I am fresh in the NAC biz.

I have a requirement from a customer, quite large hospital with many high rising, they want to assign the MDs to the same vlan, whether s/he is using the desktop in the out clinic, which would be Layer-3 OOB, as well as while s/he is using the wireless Tablet PC/PDA during the ward round.

The question is if this is some thing achievable. A little hint how to do it, would be great help.

Appreciate your expertise.

Thanks

Sami

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniela Herrera
Level 1
Level 1

Per user role VLAN can be enabled for OOB.

The VLAN is configured on the role and during the OOB configuration there's a checkbox that you have to enable so the user receives the vlan configured on the role (I don't remember the exact section right now..).

With this, whenever a user that is part of a specific role connects, it will receive the same VLAN according to what's configured on it's role.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Daniela Herrera
Level 1
Level 1

Per user role VLAN can be enabled for OOB.

The VLAN is configured on the role and during the OOB configuration there's a checkbox that you have to enable so the user receives the vlan configured on the role (I don't remember the exact section right now..).

With this, whenever a user that is part of a specific role connects, it will receive the same VLAN according to what's configured on it's role.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card