cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prevent numbers from being dialled from internal callers

NiclasCpm
Level 1
Level 1

We're running Cisco Callmanager 4.3 and I'd like to know if there is a way to prevent certain numbers from being called by internal callers.

For example: 555-1234-888

The -888 shall be reachable for external callers only but shall be unavailable for internal callers.

Is there a way to realize this ?

6 Replies 6

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

It depends on your set up but generally

1. Create a new partition called "block calls"

2. Create a route patterns for the actual route you want blocked - 9.5551234888

3. Assign the new partition to it

4. Tick the radio button which stated "block route" in the Route Pattern

5. Now add the block calls" to the CSS of the user yo want to block or instead of creating a new partition assign your normal PSTN one to the route pattern 9.555 so now every user will be blocked access to the 9.5551234888

Ah, thanks !

Do I have to create a route pattern for each line which I'd like to be blocked ?

E.g.: -487 and -126 ?

And do I just have to enter the line (-487, -126) or do I need any additional informations ?

What do you mean with "PSTN" ?

PSTN - Telco lines

487, 126 - Are these external telephone numbers? For every number you wish to be blocked create a route Pattern for them so 9.5551234888, 9.5551234487, 9.5551234126 and tick the block option or if the majority are to be blocked then create a generic pattern 9.5551234xxx and then block the route and create a other route Pattern for the more specific allowed and route them out

-487 and -126 are internal lines and shall be blocked to be called.

What I did by now is:

- Created the partition "PA-BLOCKCALLS-RESTRICTED"

- Created the route pattern "487126", chose the partition "PA-BLOCKCALLS-RESTRICTED" and ticked "Block this pattern" with "Call Rejected"

- Added "PA-BLOCKCALLS-RESTRICTED" to the Calling Search Space which is used by the lines

The problem is that I can't choose the "487" as the Route pattern, because I receive the error message that there is already an existing directory number or pattern using the selected Partition, Route Filter combination.

So how can I "tell" the route pattern that the internal line -487 has to be effected ?

you're not getting the idea

487126 is going to block DN 487126 is that what you want??

if you want to block 487 and 126 create a pattern for each one

you should already have those in your system, then you create a copy on the block pattern partition, add that to the CSS from devices and on top of the original partition.

read the call restriction section from SRND dial plan topic to learn more

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If the DN are internal to teh system adn you wish oterh users to be denied callign them then create a separate Partition "Can not be called" and assign this to the internal DN you wish to be block from being called. Now when a user or an incoming call dials 487, 126 via a GW or a user the CSS of these will not contain the partition "Can not be called" and so the call is blocked