cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Performance routing

mohamed.taher
Level 1
Level 1

is it supported using ospf with the performance routing?

i use the ospf to inject the parent route which will be /24 and performance routing will inject static route / 28 tagged by 1500. when i configured the router to implement this solution i got the below error:

*Apr 16 12:52:35.313: %OER_MC-5-NOTICE: Uncontrol Prefix 4.4.4.0/28, Couldn't fi

nd the best exit

*Apr 16 12:52:35.317: %OER_MC-5-NOTICE: Uncontrol Prefix 4.4.4.0/28, Couldn't ch

oose exit in prefix timeout

*Apr 16 12:52:35.389: %OER_MC-5-NOTICE: Uncontrol Prefix 44.44.44.32/28, Couldn'

t find the best exit

*Apr 16 12:52:35.393: %OER_MC-5-NOTICE: Uncontrol Prefix 44.44.44.32/28, Couldn'

t choose exit in prefix timeout

8 Replies 8

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My understanding has been PfR only supported parent routes that were BGP or static. However, from a recent post, it seems 12.4(24)T provided a new PfR feature, PIRO, that's supposed to use any RIB route as a parent route.

i upgraded to 12.4 24 to support the PfR - Protocol Independent Route Optimization (PIRO) but now i have another problem the prefix are in policy as show below but there is no any static route for the prefix in policy in the routing protocol

R2#show oer master prefix

OER Prefix Statistics:

Pas - Passive, Act - Active, S - Short term, L - Long term, Dly - Delay (ms),

P - Percentage below threshold, Jit - Jitter (ms),

MOS - Mean Opinion Score

Los - Packet Loss (packets-per-million), Un - Unreachable (flows-per-million),

E - Egress, I - Ingress, Bw - Bandwidth (kbps), N - Not applicable

U - unknown, * - uncontrolled, + - control more specific, @ - active probe all

# - Prefix monitor mode is Special, & - Blackholed Prefix

% - Force Next-Hop, ^ - Prefix is denied

Prefix State Time Curr BR CurrI/F Protocol

PasSDly PasLDly PasSUn PasLUn PasSLos PasLLos

ActSDly ActLDly ActSUn ActLUn EBw IBw

ActSJit ActPMOS ActSLos ActLLos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.5.5.4/30 INPOLICY @85 2.2.2.2 Se1/0 RIB-PBR

U U 0 0 0 0

155 152 0 0 1 1

N N

55.55.55.52/30 INPOLICY @82 2.2.2.2 Se1/0 RIB-PBR

U U 0 0 0 0

159 155 0 0 1 1

N N

attached files is show oer master prefix and show oer master active-probe

Hi,

I upgraded to 12.4(24),too. But I didn't see PIRO function and could not use ospf as parent...

Would you please share tips about OSPF as parent route on IOS 12.4(24)?

Thanks and Regards,

pigsign

Hi

i tested it and it work fine but the only output you can see using debug only, you will not see any change in the routing table. you can use traceroute to make sure that traffic go on the correct link.

Hi

I type command "sh oer master prefix" and protocol column didn't show "RIB-PBR" messages...

Another I used the Verifying/Debugging function, but PIRO logs only appeared like below:

---

PFR PIRO: Control Route, 10.0.1.168/32, NH 0.0.0.0, IF Tunnel212

---

PFR PIRO: Control Route, 10.0.1.101/32, NH 0.0.0.0, IF Tunnel212

---

They didn't appeared any other "RIB-Watch" or "PBR" information like web example

Are there any configuration or key I missed that enable PIRO function with OSPF ?

Regards,

Pigsign

there is no any additional configuration to sue PIRO. only the route must be in the routing protocol to be used by performance routing.

understand!!

My strange situation is that performance routing didn't search RIB, it only accept static route just like older IOS version behavior....

I checked OSPF routing table works well, but PfR just not use that...

Regards,

Pigsign

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card